What we do
HIH SA pursues the creation of jobs and micro enterprises that promote self reliance at individual, household and community level. This in turn contributes to economic growth at local levels. Over the years HIH has developed a Enterprise Development model which is premised on the need to create sustainable income generating activities. The model provides for unlocking access to funding and enhancing market linkages for a comprehensive job creation model.
Our Core Services
- Social mobilization (Self-Help Groups/Peer Support Group, Savings).
- Skills Development Services (Entrepreneurship, Employability, Life Skills).
- Mentorship and Coaching.
- Bursary Funding Scheme for short skills Programmes.
- Micro-finance services through our Enterprise Incubation Fund (EIF).
- Workplace placement services.
- Education Services for corporates.
- SETA skills development programme - Learnerships and short skills program in New venture creation (SMME) - NQF level 2, New venture creation - NQF level 4, Business Practice - NQF level 1.
Our Guiding Principle
- Pro-poor and bottom up approach
- Transparency and accountability in all actions
- Working in co-ordination with National, Provincial, local and community structures
- Active participation of women for equitable socio-economic development
Our Focus Areas
- To create jobs in the poor marginalised communities through enterprise development
- To empower women and youth through training and capacity building and skills development
- To facilitate access to markets and finance for micro enterprises
- To support the creation of sustainable livelihoods