Closing date: 15 August 2022
Key performance areas:
Output 1: Coordinating and supervision of services under the Youth-led community program
- Communicate, promote and support the implementation of the youth-run community program at the sub-district and facility levels
- Coordinate economic strengthening networks, relationships with key stakeholders, and government or other stakeholders at a district and sub-district level.
- Provide supportive supervision to Team Leaders and ensure they have a supportive working environment and the tools necessary to do their work.
- Conduct and coordinate program awareness campaigns in the allocated districts.
- Conduct regular meetings with Team Leaders to ensure outputs are delivered and to review progress on the implementation plan
- Provide program implementation guidance and support to Team Leaders and team members to ensure delivery of program activities according to timelines and budgets
- Perform regular management audits of communities where the program is implemented to identify good practices and address gaps
- Implement appropriate program management processes to ensure delivery of Project components according to timelines and budgets with a specific focus on aspects of sustainability
- Visit and monitor the work done as part of the youth-led community activities
- Report on progress, issues, challenges, and local risk management.
- Meet once a week with the facilitators/team leaders to appraise progress and challenges.
- Prepare and hand over weekly and monthly training reports to the Provincial Coordinator.
- Coordinate the collection and capturing of project data for weekly and monthly project reporting.
- Ensure that confidentiality protection of personal data of beneficiaries is always maintained in accordance with HiH policies.
- Reaching district and as well as project allocated target under a high degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Perform any other related duties allocated, required, as assigned by HIH management.
Output 2: Stakeholder Management
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with external stakeholders including the municipalities, other NGOs and partners implementing youth and community projects in the identified areas, employers and institutes of higher learning, at the district level.
- Engage with key stakeholders and community groups for full community participation, inclusion and buy-in.
Output 3: Training and supervision duties
- Take charge in the recruitment of the Team leaders, assign them to the youth teams implementing the community project
- Attend and successfully complete Training of Facilitators/team leaders workshop as part of on boarding.
- Attend meetings chaired by the Provincial Coordinators, the Project Manager and other key stakeholders as and when required.
- Communicate regularly with the Provincial Coordinator and the M&E Officer.
Output 4: Project administration duties
- Check and validate the Team leaders' reports
- Keep a record of session evaluation after each session and pass it on to the Provincial Coordinators.
- Draft and submit weekly work plans.
- Regularly liase with Team leaders
- At least 3-5 years' project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of capacity building and training
- Experience managing, supervising, training and building the capacity of staff
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities of the project
- Knowledge of the local language and culture
- Caring attitude towards the local community and the key vulnerable populations.
- Be willing to work with youth
- No criminal record
- Able to work extra hours a week
- Preferably living in the same District that you will be working in.
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Group-level, individual-level effective facilitation skills
- Basic training project supervision skills
- Effective communication (verbal and written) skills
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other languages including excellent
- presentation, training and report writing skills
- Well-developed computer skills
- Digital fluency skills
- Moderate to advanced organisational skills