Joseph Munzhedzi Tshiwilowilo
Independent non-executive Member of the Board
Affectionately known as JMT, is an Associate General Accountant (SA) SAICA, Professional Accountant (SA) SAIPA, Professional Tax Specialist (SA), Certified Business Adviser (SA) IBASA, M.Inst.D. Member of the Institute of Directors (SA) and a Member of the Association of Black Accountants of South Africa.
JMT is a matured Professional in the business environment; he has a great sense of leadership skills and good ethics. He is efficient and well organised person. He is one person that does not forget things easily. He leads by example, in front or behind as the situation and need arises. He holds a B.Compt Degree in Accounting & Economics (Unisa) Adv. Tax Diploma (UJ)
With a career that has spanned over 38 years, JMT has demonstrated an attribute of leadership across institutions and organisations that he is involved in. His Strength and Passion in various boards and Committees is Corporate Governance, strategy, Taxation, Statutory Compliance, Internal Control, Risk Management, Accounting & Financial Management. JMT is a board member for both IBASA (Institute of Business Advisors SA), SAICA (South African Institute of Professional Accountants and the chairman of the Transformation Committee.
Joseph Tshiwilowilo has served in excellence in more ways than one at the Financial Services SETA as an assessor and moderator. Again, he was part of finance committee at Natalspruit Hospital from 2006 to 2009.Over and above, JMT is a managing member of Symmonds, duToit and Tshiwilowilo Incorporated which is an accounting and auditing firm.
Above attributes were demonstrated in various leadership roles that he played and is still playing in the following institutions and organisations just but to name a few in a career that spanned 38 years:
- South African Institute of Professional Accountant (SAIPA): Board Member, Chairperson of the Board & EXCO - From 2006 to 2011, Currently Member of the Nominations Committee and Chairman of the Transformation Committee.
- Institute of Business Advisers SA (IBASA) - Board Member, Chairperson of the Board and EXCO. 2009 to 2013, also served as the Executive Deputy Chairman 2013 to May 2016 and currently serving as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- FASSET: Financial Services SETA - Registered Assessor and Moderator.
- Natalspruit Hospital - Board Member and Chairperson of Finance Committee. 2006 to 2009
- JMT Executive Tax & Accounting Services CC - Managing member 2000 to Now
- Symonds, Du toit & Tshiwilowilo Incorporated - SDT Inc. - Accounting & Auditing Firm - Partner - Current
- Business unity SA anti-Corruption Initiative - Mentoring SMME's on good ethics.
- Influence Africa - South African Business Advisory Solutions for Entrepreneurs - Executive Director responsible for SA-BASE.
- JMT Business Advisory Services CC - Managing Member 2003 to Now - Business Valuations, Advising, Due Diligence, Feasibility Studies and Mentorship.
- Breakthrough Ministries - Elder, Pastor and Board Member Responsible for Finances and Administration.
His Strength and Passion in various boards and Committees is Corporate Governance, strategy, Taxation, Statutory Compliance, Internal Control, Risk Management, Accounting & Financial Management.