Chairperson of the board
Snowy Makhudu is a practicing Environmental Assessment Practitioner with 20 years' experience and is the Managing Director of Tholoana Sustainable Development & Environmental Consultants.
A phenomenal woman of her time and an epitome of success and excellence, Snowy Makhudu is a qualified Meteoroligist with vast experience in environmental management and sustainable development. With her vast knowledge in consulting for inter-municipal initiatives, her journey has been nothing short of experience acquired. She has worked with the SALGA Climate Change Mitigation strategy, Eskom Distribution and Generation EIAs and on municipal mining permits and licensing just to mention a few.
Along with the numerous accolades to her name, Snowy Makhudu was the elected president for Women in Environment, launched by the department of Environmental affairs in August 2010. Much to her acquired achievement as president, she is also a member of the Institute for Waste Management of South Africa. An actively involved advocate for environmental policy and legislation powerhouse, to a Chairperson of Hand in Hand Southern Africa, Snowy is an esteemed successful woman.
- The National President for Women In Environment which was launched by the National Department of Environmental Affairs' Deputy Minister - Dep Minister Mabudhafasi on 22 August 2010
- The IAIAsa Gauteng Branch Chairperson.
- Chairperson of the newly elected EAPASA Board
- Chairperson of Hand-in-Hand South Africa (HiHSA) Board.
- Serves as a Committee Member for Audit & Finance Committee for EAPASA and Registration Committee
- A qualified Meteorologist, with qualifications - National Higher Diploma in Meteorology, with vast experience in environmental management and sustainable development.
- Actively involved in the development and implementation of Environmental Policies/Legislation
- Waste management experience/expertise; she is a member of the Institute for Waste Management of South Africa.
- Has vast consulting experience in inter-municipal initiatives e.g. SALGA Climate Change Mitigation/Response Strategy; Project Director & Manager for ESKOM Distribution & Generation EIA's, Mining Permits/Licenses Applications; SLP Development and Implementation; Mining EMPPA's; Stakeholder Engagement & Social Facilitation; Katse Dam EIA, Lesotho during her time at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR); and Evaton Urban Renewal (Presidential project - strategic EIA and EMPr's).